VMM are currently recruiting for a teacher trainer to assist one of our key partners with their work with children in Malawi for 1 year. The successful applicant will be based in Malawi and provided with flights, insurance, accommodation and a generous living allowance. Please be aware this is a volunteer role, with incredible opportunities to travel and use your skills and experience to serve the people of Malawi.
N4BW aims to make measurable and consistent interventions in specific areas which do not benefit from support from large NGOs. It does this by forming projects with local people, backed by the logistical support the Diocese of Zomba. Since 2013, it has provided much needed support to address needs in marginalised areas. From its inception, N4BW and VMM have been in partnership. In December 2014, N4BW approached VMM for support in the development and implementation of the Sitima Community Action Project, a grassroots project that has emerged from the local community. The project is the community’s coherent effort to address local needs.
To apply, send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Main Responsibilities of the Role
• Liaise with Primary Education Advisors and teacher training college to further establish needs for support and teacher training.
• Support head teachers and staff in identifying needs for development and methods to address the identified issues
• Develop, organise and deliver a programme of in service training for teachers in St Michaels Zone of Sitima
• Observe and support teachers in the classroom environment
• Facilitate meetings of the Primary Headteachers’ Association
• Assist N4BW trustees in the planning and implementation of new Sitima Community Action activities relating to education.
• Ensure that the budget and planning are realistic in achieving the success of the programme
• Teach English in two Secondary schools
• Work with the two secondary schools to improve simple administration and budgeting
• Prepare fundraising plans and funding proposals to meet additional needs of schools, in conjunction with the VMM Programme Manager
• Facilitate after school reading clubs at two secondary schools
B.Ed or Professional Masters in Education
At least 5 years post-qualification teaching experience required, teacher training experience preferred. Experience with school administration, strong financial management skills
The closing date for this role is 30th June 2017
Personnel appointed to this post will be vetted in accordance with the VMM Child Safeguarding Policy.