International Programme Assistant (Internship)
VMM International are seeking an active, self-motivated International Programme Assistant to volunteer in our Dublin office as part of our International Programme team. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills for a career in International Development or before undertaking an overseas role.
VMM International are an international development and volunteering organisation, and we love doing what we do! We have placed thousands of volunteers on overseas development projects in the past 50 years, which has led to astonishing results for communities and for the volunteers themselves. We offer project planning support to NGOs in development countries, helping them increase their operational capacity and become even better at what they do. We also help volunteers of all ages to step into communities and get stuck into projects of real value to local people and our partnerships are with strong and well-established organisations.
We currently work in nine African countries, playing our part to deliver the aspirations of the international Sustainable Development Goals. We work to help our grassroots partners in Africa take care of the needs that local people tell us are most important to them. Projects tend to cover education, health to community development initiatives and we have partnerships with civic, community and church organisations. VMM are a faith-based group, and we maintain an all-inclusive organisation, welcoming personnel from all backgrounds regardless of religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or politics.
The role can be tailored to your skills and the areas in which you would like to develop. Duties can include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Africa Manager and International Programme Manager on a range of project funding applications and reporting.
- Volunteer support and reporting
- Assisting with policy writing and implementation
- Assisting with delivery of VMM’s pre-departure training
- Contributing to monitoring and evaluation of overseas projects.
- Assisting with recruitment activities (advertising, job descriptions, interviewing, etc)
- Leading on certain funding applications
- Office administration
Benefits to the intern:
- Hands-on experience with applications to institutional funders and grants; project cycle management; monitoring and evaluation; and volunteer management in a professional environment
- Independence in an internship position while receiving training, support and supervision
- Being an equal member of a fun, professional and dynamic team
- Opportunity to work in and learn about VMM international and the international development sector in Ireland
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong general IT skills
- Organised and the ability to be independent and self-driven.
- Creativity and adaptability
- Familiarity with the international development sector and the role of volunteer sending agencies (VSAs)
- Keen interest in social justice and participatory development
- Respect for the Vision and Mission of VMM
- Overseas volunteering experience
- Communications and media experience
- Qualification in international development
- Knowledge of the faith-based development sector
Apply with CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 26th February.
For more information call Louise Talbot Beirne at our Dublin office on 01 873 4562 or email email@example.com
Please note, all VMM personnel
are vetted in accordance with VMM’s Safeguarding Policy.