VMM are currently recruiting for a Child Advocacy Advisor to assist one of our key partners with their work with communities in Kenya for 1 year. The successful applicant will be based in Kenya and provided with accommodation. This is a self-funded role, for which the volunteer will be asked to fundraise to cover their flights, insurance, training and living costs. There is a strong possibility that this will convert to a fully-funded role.
This role offers incredible opportunities to travel and use your skills and experience to serve the people of Kenya. Please do contact VMM with any questions.
Background of Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development. Through strategic programming, Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust empowers communities to create positive change within Rarieda sub-County, one of Kenya’s poorest constituencies. Rafiki’s four program focuses are Health, Advocacy and Rights, Education and Training, and Economic Empowerment.
Background of Project
We are currently seeking to recruit a talented, progressive and team-oriented volunteer to fill the position of Child Advocacy Advisor. This volunteer should bring a personal commitment to community development; and take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering applying.
- Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
- Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
Purpose of the position: To guide and assist RWMT to review the existing Child Rights programs and activities and to spearhead development of multi-sectoral advocacy strategies that promote evidence-based Child-Rights and Protection programs throughout the region.
Duration of Assignment: 6 months – 1 year
- Level of education
At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Legal Studies or any other Social Science discipline that focuses on Advocacy, Children’s Development and Empowerment.
- Job experience
At least three (3) years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Requires good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with the local community, beneficiaries, senior government officials and staff.
- Must have developed good intercultural orientation and strong public relations skills.
- Should possess strong communication, negotiation, and administration skills.
To apply, write to email@example.com with a CV and Cover Letter detailing how your experience fits the role description. Deadline is 30th June.
* Personnel appointed to this post will be vetted in accordance with the VMM Child Safeguarding Policy