Information Technology and Network Consultant Volunteer
VMM are currently recruiting for an Information Technology and Network Consultant to assist one of our partners with their work with people in palliative care in Uganda for 6 months. The successful applicant will be based in Kampala and provided with accommodation, and will need to fundraise to cover the remaining costs of the placement. This role has incredible opportunities to travel and use your skills and experience to serve the people of Uganda.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to apply. Applications must include both a CV and Cover Letter.
Background of Partner
VMM’s partner organisation for this placement are pioneers in Hospice care for people in Africa. They are centred on an ethos, where the patient and family are positioned at the centre of a model for accessible and affordable palliative care contextualised to African societies.
Their vision and objectives each section is to promote the vision through their different skills:
- To provide a palliative care service to patients and families in Uganda
- To carry out education programmes so that palliative care can be available to all in need in Uganda and in Africa
- To encourage palliative care for other African countries
The implementation of a home based care model of palliative care is supplemented with hospital consultations where patients are allowed home as soon as possible according to their health needs and their own wishes. We also have outpatients at each centre. These complementary services have been used to design a model that allows patients flexibility and options when facing the end of life.
Our partner serves three hospice sites as well as an outreach program which provides training to selected community volunteer members who are taught to identify individuals in need of palliative care services as well as providing basic nursing care and support in the home. While the majority of pateint care takes place in the home, Hospice also brings their work into hospitals for consultation, but aims to get patients home as soon as possible once their pain is controlled and manageable.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
1) Implement Office 365
2) Migrating of Patients System to Microsoft Azure
3) Setting up of Financial System in Microsoft Dynamics in the CLOUD
4) Comprehensive assessment/ appraisal of the state of IT/IS infrastructure and systems
5) Design a 3-5-year Strategic plan or blueprint for IT/ IS
6) Implement the IT/IS Strategic Plan.
7) Develop IT/ IS Policy
8) Develop and implement a system and framework for preventative and other maintenance of IT/ IS systems
9) Ensure backup, licencing, preventative measures, antivirus etc
10) Support, develop, enhance IT securities systems, data recovery processes, and business resumption mechanisms
11) Develop a realistic budget for IT/ IS systems
12) Forecast demand and needs for all functions of organisations
13) Support all systems and functions which rely on IT/ IS: Communications, Finance, Patient databases, IHPCA Moodle, Website etc
IT Academic Level or extensive work experience in this field.
Good knowledge/experience of above.
Project planning and management.
4th September 2017. However, this is an urgent role, therfore interviews and final appointment may take place before this date.
Personnel appointed to this post will be vetted in accordance with the VMM Child and Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding Policy.