VMM International is looking for a Digital Marketing and Communications Manager for an EU-funded consortium project “EU Aid Volunteers – Volunteering for Humanity”. The project involves technical assistance and capacity development of VMM International and 3 European volunteer sending organisations.
VMM International has 50 years of work in volunteering and international development. Almost 3,000 professional volunteers have been placed with our partner organisations in over 30 countries around the world. Our head office is in Dublin and we also have offices in Liverpool and Kenya.
The position is based in Dublin and the candidate will be working with a small team of dedicated staff in the VMM International Dublin office, while liaising with other Consortium members based in France, Lithuania and Slovakia; and with the associated consultants, who will provide training to the consortium members. For more information on the EU Aid volunteer programme, see here: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/what/humanitarian-aid/eu-aid-volunteers_en .
We are looking for an enthusiastic Digital Marketing and Communications Manager to manage project external and internal communications; project related outputs dissemination work; and establishment and maintenance of an online communication platform for sharing tools and information, broadcasting webinars.
This appointment is to the end of December 2020, 4 days a week. (€31,625 pro rata)
- Design a Dissemination Strategy and Plan based on Project commitments and budget
- Implement the Dissemination Strategy and Plan as per the set milestones, targets and schedule.
- Set up and maintain an e-learning system (Webinars)
- Set up and maintain a Consortium project communication tool/software (such as, for example, Slack, Zoom, etc.)
- Develop a network platform of shared communications and open tools
- Maintain, review and update VMM International website for optimal UI navigation and UX
- Participate in Consortium meetings to further define the dissemination needs and goals and obtain recommendations of key informants in which to build an audience and partnership database
- Lead the planning of external and internal PR events
- Work with the project communications officers of the Consortium to guide them on the inputs, targets and messages
- Draft content for mass media and Consortium members’ websites and PR activities
- Ensure a high presence of the Consortium project across the internet
- Identify suitable local and international peer partners to join the network platform
- At least 1 year of experience in communications and digital marketing
- Certification in marketing, communications, public relations, IT field
- Working knowledge of MS Office;
- Proven experience of successful command of social media platforms, Google analytics, Google Ads, SEO;
- Command over Photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Experience in web design (particularly WordPress) and content production is a plus
- IT background is a plus
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Proficient command of English (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Ability to develop, maintain, and utilise relationships with key stakeholders
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by: 5pm – 29 March, 2019.
Interviews are expected to be conducted the week beginning April 1, 2019.
Start date: April 8, 2019. Location: Dublin, Ireland.
The applicant must hold a valid work permit for Ireland.
VMM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.