Part-time fixed-term contract (5 months):
The Volunteer Mission Movement (VMM International) is a faith-based volunteering and development organisation that works closely with, and for, the benefit of the economically, socially and politically marginalised throughout Africa.
VMM International have worked in developing countries for almost 50 years now, and has placed over 3,000 volunteers on long term placements with our overseas partners throughout Africa, which has led to transformative results for communities and for the volunteers themselves. We help volunteers of all ages to step into communities and engage with projects of real value to local people and our partnerships are with strong and well-established organisations. We also offer project planning and implementation support to NGOs in developing countries, helping them increase their operational capacity and become even better at what they do.
We currently work in in Africa and Asia playing our part to deliver Sustainable Development Goals. We work to help our grassroots partners take care of the needs that local people tell us are most important to them. Projects typically cover education, health and community development initiatives and we have partnerships with civic, community and church organisations.
VMM International’s main international office is based in Dublin, Ireland; with regional offices in Liverpool, UK and Kitale, Kenya.
VMM International are looking to appoint an International Programme Officer who will work with our Executive Director on our international projects, in collaboration with our partner organisations in the field. This person will be a highly organised, independent individual with demonstrable experience with international development projects. Working to maintain and expand VMM’s international programme, this person will liaise with our partner organisations, primarily on development of funding proposals and reporting.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the role will be part time (3 days per week) based at our offices at 64 Rathmines Road, Dublin 6. Salary will be pro rata (based on the annualised equivalent of) €25,000-30,000, commensurate with experience. This is a fixed-term 5-month contract, with possibility of extension.
The role will include the following duties:
- Working closely with the Executive Director and the Africa Programme Manager to deliver the Vision and Mission of VMM International;
- Narrative and financial reporting of current projects to funders using results-based management, in collaboration with partner organisations in Africa;
- Development of funding proposals for institutional funders, particularly Misean Cara, in collaboration with partner organisations in Africa;
- This will include development of budgets, monitoring plans and results frameworks and ensuring proposals are consistent with the strategies of both VMM and our funders;
- Ensuring project compliance with funder requirements;
- Maintaining excellent records;
- Any other duties as required of the role.
Required experience/ qualities:
- At least 2 years’ demonstrable experience of grant-writing and/or project management in an international development organisation;
- Keen understanding of requirements of institutional funders, particularly Misean Cara;
- An excellent multi-tasker who can prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines;
- An ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with overseas partner organisations;
- Keen understanding of international development issues;
- Undergraduate degree in any field;
- First-rate IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and use of databases.
- Qualification in the field of International Development;
- Direct working experience in a developing country
The role will be vetted according to VMM’s Child and Vulnerable Adult Safeguarding Policy.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV, along with a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience relate to the key elements stated above, to our Executive Director at email@example.com. If you would like to discuss the role, please call 01 8734562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 5pm on Thursday 15th February.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 20th February.