Rosmini Institute of Charity is a not-for-profit organisation based in rural areas of Tanzania, where they strive to empower and assist in the development of communities. Founded in 1939, RIC adopts a holistic approach to development by challenging disadvantaged communities to be part of the development process while addressing core issues that confront their livelihoods, survival and development. Their focus is on education, health and community development in the Tanga region of Tanzania.
RIC is currently providing support to thousands of people in rural Tanzania through health centres, schools and community health programmes. However, it is currently depending on outside funding and its aim is to become financially sustainable through the use of its own resources for income generation. To achieve this, a Business Development and Property Manager Volunteer is required to build capacity by developing the current property assets of RIC into a sustainable business.
Benefits of Volunteering with VMM International
Volunteering with VMM International comes with a range of advantages and incentives for volunteers. This is a fully funded post: volunteers are provided with a generous living allowance, return flights, free accommodation, orientation training, specialist insurance and more.
Other benefits include membership of VMM International’s community of volunteers and members, numerous professional development opportunities, as well as the privilege of making a significant contribution to the lives of the vulnerable and disadvantaged. All volunteers are asked to fundraise in the region of €1500 toward their placement. We offer significant support for this.
The Business Development and Property Manager volunteer will be based in Tanga, Tanzania, with some travel required. You will be responsible for developing the property assets of RIC into a sustainable business. The post-holder will ensure that deliverables are achieved by fulfilling this primary function.
Reporting to RIC management team, the Business Development and Property Manager volunteer will;
- Provide a lead role in initiating and facilitating for optimum utilisation of RIC’s assets and resources to achieve self-reliance and long term financial sustainability for the organisation’s operations
- Oversee all RIC properties in East Africa in collaboration with local Rosmini centre managers
- Propose goals and objectives for each property
- Submit market studies, strategic and budgetary planning and regular reporting
VMM International is seeking an experienced and dedicated volunteer. The successful candidate will have:
- A background in property or business management with particular skills in property/feasibility studies, from a range of sectors including the private, public or not-for-profit sector
- A qualification in business, finance, real estate or similar
- The ability to give clear, articulate narrative and financial reports
- The ability to formulate and implement strategies that will add value to the RIC portfolio
If you are a determined individual seeking an opportunity in international development and looking to contribute to the lives of people in Tanzania, forward your CV and a cover letter in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct on +353-1-873-4562 for further information.
The closing date for applications is 30th January 2019.