Volunteering for long term posts
Our long term posts are specialised roles working with our partners for one and sometimes two years. We welcome applicants from all ages and backgrounds. All applicants should be over 21 years of age and should have relevant skills and experience to bring to the placement that they are applying for. Check our current long term volunteer roles.
Our volunteer recruitment process follows the recommendations made by Comhlámh’s Code of Good Practice for volunteer sending agencies.
To apply for one of our open roles (note, we do not accept applications that are not for a specified role):
- Send a CV and cover letter detailing how your experience and qualifications are relevant to the advertised role to: email@example.com
- Following review of your application you may be asked to attend an interview at the VMM office in Dublin or Liverpool, or via Skype.
- Then complete a Garda Vetting/DBS/Disclosure Scotland forms, medical and relevant forms – all of our volunteers are vetted as part of our Child Safeguarding procedures.
- Commit to fundraising. This one off donation assists VMMs programmes and project expenses.
- You will also attend a mandatory pre-departure training course. The course is assisted by online resources and will be held in Ireland or England before your departure.